Friday, October 31, 2008

Things That Irritate Me Vol. 1

As editor-in-chief of this hallowed blog, I've decided I'm writing a weekly* recap of things that irritate me. See how I did that with the title and all?

Something that has irritated me from DAY 1 since school started is the general rudeness of college kids. One of my afternoon classes has about 250 kids in it. We're there for one hour Tuesday then two hours Thursday. And it never fails on both of those days -- week in and week out -- that the entire class decides to come down with the black lung.

I'm not kidding. I've never heard so many people coughing since the *cough* I'm-going-to-say-what-I-really-mean hidden-within-this-clever-fake-cough *cough* phase of 2003. I don't understand it! I'm thisclose to bringing in a communal bag of Hall's.

Another thing that irritates me are the newish Heinz ketchup bottles. Well not technically the bottles, but the little rubber thingy that is supposed to make it easy squirt or whatever.

It does not make it easy squirt.

I can't tell you how many times I've lost a good burger to a puddle of ketchup. See, I like to put my ketchup on my hamburger in a very precise manner. I draw a little swirly because it disburses a perfect amount that covers the entire circumference of the patty. But not with this exploding ketchup bottle. You can't squeeze it gently because nothing will come out. Then when you squeeze it too hard it all gushes out on the burger. Not cool.

So, those are really the only things that irritate me this week. I probably won't ever talk about how I think people are stupid when they drive because that would be a daily event.

* Not a guarantee. More like an ideal. Participation may vary, void where prohibited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should start a blog about stupid drivers; it definitely would get updated every day. Sigh.