Monday, November 17, 2008

Things That Inspire Me Vol. 1

In the interest of fairness, I've decided to post a counter-blog to my 'Irritation' blog. Sure, there are a lot of things that irritate me. I'm sure there are a ton of things that irritate ya'll. But too much time is wasted complaining about things or talking about things that bug us.

Now I'll probably still keep posting about things that irritate me in the future, 'cause Lord knows people can be stupid sometimes.

Anyway, so right now the Gators are pretty inspiring to me. My performance throughout the semester has pretty much mirrored their playing. In the beginning, I was pretty awesome but not wowing or anything. Much like the beloved Gators. Then I kinda got overconfident and lazy and BAM classes became my Ole Miss. But now I feel determined and like I'm on a mission! Just like my football boys!

Another thing that inspires me are homeless people. Seriously. I've always wanted to do some sort of feature piece on homelessness, and I haven't yet, but I did have a mini-experience with the issue Friday. I got to talk to a lot of really nice people. One guy I spoke with was so, so optimistic and had a huge smile on his face the whole time I spoke with him. He just wasn't worried about getting back on track. He was determined. And talking with these people just gave me a whole human perspective on this sad situation. It put a face to the countless stories we all read or see about.

One last thing, Coldplay's Viva la Vida should be an inspiration to all. Not even the lyrics, just the music. No really, those soaring strings, the rhythmic beating of a drum, the hopeful tinging of the bell! Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you babe...i now feel inspired :)

ImagineMel said...

bells "ting"?