Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hello Darlin'. Nice to see you.

It's been a long tiaaaaame. You're just as lovely...

Um... hey Cain't Say. No, I know. It's been a while. No, I haven't forgotten about you, just been busy.

What? I mean, not that you're less important than school work and working on applications for internships and things... just that I know you'll be OK for the time being. Anyway, I'm back now.

So shh, calm down.

I don't know why J-dawg hasn't visited either. That's between you and him.

Anywayyyyy. So, McDonald's Monopoly has started. I've already gotten a few paper pieces closer to $10,000 or something.

But more importantly, I won a free breakfast sandwich; which could be used for that luscious item of desire: the McGriddle. Unfortunately, I think I threw the coupon away.

But man, that McGriddle is something fierce. Yeah it's probably blocking arteries and taking names, but there's always Lipitor or something, right? No wait. Pfizer, the manufacturer of Lipitor and other heart disease medicines will no longer be making those types of drugs. According to the Wall Street Journal anyway.

AHHH but back on topic! The other night I was talking with the fam about McDonald's Monopoly and how Subway had their own version of boardgame entertainment with Scrabble.

It was cute. Subway Scrabble. You got little paper letters on your way too big paper sandwich wrapper. Sometimes you could win cookies or 6-inch subs. (Which I did one time, and totally used that BOOP up at school one day).

Well, all of this fast-food name-and-game alliteration got me thinking. What if other restaurants followed suite? For instance, Burger King Battleship. Or maybe Wendy's Wack-a-mole. Or Pizza Hut Pictionary?? OR TACO BELL TWISTER?!?

I think Taco Bell Twister would be genius. I mean they already sell those cinnamon sugar covered packing peanuts and call them twists. Then somehow incorporate a body-bending and sometimes position-compromising color dot game??!

I might have to start attending the Church of Fourth Meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I'd want to play Twister with anyone that frequents the "big bell".

Crazy marketing gimmicks.